Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kent the Choreographer

I just realized that I used the word "butt" in both of my last two blogs. I can assure you that this is all about pageants and not about behinds! However, the only word I can think of to describe Kent the Choreographer is Butt-Head!!! (sorry, yes, I said it again) I had been warned about this man but was not worried at all because gay men and I hit it off like peanut butter and jelly! Always! He still to this day has been the only exception throughout my whole existence. So, as you can imagine when he chose me as one of his many victims to use and abuse I was utterly shocked! Beware my fellow pageant contestants, if you have a slit up your evening gown he may refer to you as a "whore," if you mess up a dance move he may call you a "clumsy idiot"! The question I must ask is why do pageant coordinators hire him year after year? Yes, he helps win Emmy's and get a performance together but should the ladies competing for a crown really be called degrading things like tramps and morons? Do pageant producers really want to see their contestants on stage with puffy eyes because he had reduced so many of them to tears? I don't think so! Kent, perhaps you would be better of treating contestants with a little more respect. I truly feel like nasty actions always come back to bite you in the butt (there I go again). The year I was given a little dose of the wrath of Kent a contestant walked down the stairs at the front of the stage when she was supposed to stay on stage and others followed. Talk about messing up a live TV show. Karma Kent? Bet this wouldn't have happened if you wouldn't have chewed her out on stage the day before. What do you have to say for your self?



I apologize for my lack of pictures and last names. I don't want to throw him under the bus too bad. However, I feel that it is my duty as a pageant contestant to warn you! If you ever find your self rehearsing during pageant week under the mercy of a man named Kent, watch yourself!

1 comment:

I love Pageants Suzy said...

I know exactly who you are talking about. I've seen him in action for sure. His two lady assitants are just as bad as he is. Its like they have constant PMS. People in the pageant industry are supposed to be happy and pretty on the outside and inside. Kent and his crew need an attitude makeover for sure!